There is nothing like riding a motorcycle on a beautiful summer day. It’s the ultimate experience, and for many, it is the best way to enjoy the open road. A motorbike is a thrill that is far removed from driving a car, and also one of the most efficient ways of getting from one place to another.
The disadvantage is that accidents do happen, and if you fall from a motorbike, you need to be sure you are fully protected. A helmet is – of course – a legal requirement, and a necessary one too, and sensible riders ensure they are fully kitted-out in leather trousers, jackets, boots, and gloves.
Gloves are a very important part of any biker’s wardrobe, as they not only provide protection but also help grip as well as keeping the hands warm when the weather is less agreeable! If you look at this website, you will find reviews of some of the best examples of motorcycling gloves that you can buy, and below, we are going to talk about a few of the best. So, let’s see if we can find a pair of biking gloves that fit the bill for you.
1. Cortech Men’s Latigo 2RR
We want to talk about this pair of gloves from Cortech because they not only look the part, but they provide superb protection. This is a quality pair of gloves in every way, and they are designed specifically for motorcyclists. These could be worn by road bikers or dirt bikers equally, and offer excellent grip.
The back is tough leather, the ideal material, with the fingers and thumbs being a double layer of leather and rubber padding. This provides more than adequate protection all-round. They will also keep your hands dry, as they are superbly made, high-quality gloves.
2. Steadfast Black and Grey
If you’re looking for those that are designed for all-year-round use, and with comfort and protection in equal measures, check out the amazing quality of this pair from Hold Fast.
These are simply superb gloves – this is the black and grey version – made from top quality leather and designed with double leather lining plus breathable mesh for comfort and cooling, and hardened knuckles to protect the most vulnerable parts of the hand. A suede palm is also part of the construction and helps with grip and movement. A great pair of gloves at a sensible price and worth looking at in more detail.
3. Seibertron SP2
This pair of biking gloves follow the theme we’ve already seen in being largely leather in construction. However, they are notably superbly put together and come from a maker with a wide range of such items.
They cover the wrist – this is favored by some riders but not others – thus providing extended protection, but unlike some, they do allow for full movement. The leather is tough and strong. In fact, some buyers have commented that they are a superb fit once they have been ‘broken in,’ and the palm offers a grip that is more than acceptable. Available in various colors and a full range of sizes, this is certainly a great pair of gloves.
4. ILM Alloy Steel Touchscreen
One problem with wearing tough biking gloves is that you have to take them off when you need to scroll through the messages on your smartphone. This pair from ILM does away with this problem as they are touchscreen-compatible, but that’s not the first thing that strikes you about them!
That would be the steel hand and knuckle protectors that are part of the design, along with the very touch leather and non-slip grip palm, that not only add superb protection but give these fabulous black gloves a sci-fi, futuristic look that will appeal to the more extreme bikers out there! Great ones, and available in sizes from Medium to XXL.
5. Shima Caliber
If the image you want to present is less ‘Bad Boy Biker’ and more stylish, cultivated gent, then this pair of very attractive gloves from Shima offers a combination of superb looks, fantastic quality, and great protection.
Finished in brown – unusual for biker gloves – and resembling a pair of driver’s gloves more than a motorcycle, this pair is made from top quality, toughened leather that is perforated for breathing, and also has a specially designed grip for added versatility and safety. We can’t recommend these highly enough, as they are the perfect choice for taking a leisurely cruise on your touring bike.
6. Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2
The Alpinestars brand is well known throughout the motorcycling world, and especially when it comes to tough, rough and ready, top quality gloves and gear for dirt bikers.
They are designed for universal use, so they will be equally at home worn by a biker on the road, and a combination of tough leather and mesh makes them very comfortable as well as providing superb protection. A great fit and designed as you would expect from this very stylish and bold brand; this is a pair that comes highly recommended.
7. Indie Ridge Premium
Another pair finished in brown – with a metallic sheen that looks superbly stylish – this pair of bikers gloves are designed in a traditional manner, and they look the part as well as offering superb protection thanks to being made from quality leather. Designed with the flex of the fingers in mind, and therefore perfect for grip at all times, these are gloves for the discerning rider rather than the out and out speed freaks, yet also offer hardened knuckles for ultimate protection. Available in sizes XS to XXL, there’s a size here for everyone.
The above represent just a few of the motorcycling gloves that come highly recommended by riders of all ages and types, and there are many more to consider. We believe that these are some of the best available, so check them out further by reading more detailed reviews, and you’ll be sure to find a pair of biker gloves that not only fit beautifully but offer you excellent protection when out on the road.
Check out some other interesting models available on Amazon:
- This Model :G01 is designed for Men Riders,the palm will be little wider for Women's hand,please choose Model:G01W (Black Leather with Rose Line)for Women Riders.
- Buckle button can lock the right and left glove together to avoid lost while not use.
- Genuine goatskin leather material:soft,flexible,lightweight,durability with long life.
- Hard plastics knuckle and foam padding on the finger help to assure your hand more protection.
- Touch screen capabilities on the index finger to use mobile and other device without remove the gloves.
- 👏【Wear Resistant & Shockproof】The palm was design using a 3D classic plastic non-slip lines，The riding gloves motorcycle gives the palm the maximum degree of...
- 👏【360° Protection】Soft PVC knuckle shell and finger padding with EVA liner sponge which provides the utmost protection to your hands in the event of a knock or...
- 👏【Touchscreen Compatible】The tip of the forefinger and thumb of the riding gloves motorcycle are made from conductive touch screen leather. Even if you wear...
- 👏Made of Breathable Material】The motorcycle gloves for men and women made from vented and breathable materials, The stretch mesh finger gussets channel air through...
- 👏【Adjustable Design】Leather motorcycle gloves have hook loop design, making it more easier to adjust the size to fit your hands. Also, the pull tab let you put...
- HARD SHELL PROTECTION - The motorcycle gloves for men designed with the protectors at ankle height on the back of the hand. They are very stable and well thought out with...
- NON-SLIP & WEAR-RESISTANT - The palms of the riding gloves are made of non-slip and wear-resistant microfiber material that provides a better grip for the palm. Make it...
- WATERPROOF & WARM - These motorcycle winter gloves with cotton and a waterproof layer can resist getting wet, keep your hands warm while driving in winter. Elastic band...
- FINGERS TOUCHSCREEN - The tip of the forefinger of the winter motorcycle gloves are made from conductive touch screen leather. So you can do everything without...
- Premium Leather Motorcycle Gloves – These full-grain, full gauntlet leather gloves protect hands and fingers during rides during the summer, fall, and cool weather.
- Mobile Fingertip Touchscreen – Mobile touchscreen fingertips that actually work! Fingertips are on the thumb, index and middle fingers.
- Flexible, Pre-Curved Comfort – These form-fitting leather motorcycle gloves come in all sizes and flex and bend along with your fingers for better grip stability.
- Knuckle and Palm Protection – Each glove features high-density, hardened rubber reinforced knuckle protection for maximum protection and comfort.
- The Live Free Guarantee. All Indie Ridge motorcycle gloves and products are backed by The Live Free Guarantee. Just read our reviews and you'll see what we're talking...