The best mountain bikes under $200, an enormous amount of people daily search for the best mountain bikes under 200 dollars. Those bikes are budget friendly.
If you are a person with a limited budget or a person who love
Even if you are not a money-saving person or you want to buy a great bike for your mountain adventure, then those bikes are perfect for you also. The bikes have all the facilities that those expensive bikes in the market. So what is the point of buying that expensive one?
In a survey throughout the internet, we have seen some differences between those expensive bikes and these mountain bikes under 200 dollars bikes the shocking result says that a large part of those expensive bikes goes to the outlook and the packaging of the bike.
Those expensive bikes are lucrative to watch and those have a variety of colors also those bikes come with layers and layers of packaging.
On the other side, these under $200 mountain bikes are little behind in the case of color and style. Other than that those bikes have most of the features common just like the under $200 mountain bikes.
Wearing the helmet while reading the bike is advisable. Websites such as bikereviewshub.com are great resource to find appropriate one.
Best Mountain Bike Under 200 Comparison
Top Budget Picks
1. Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike – Editor’s Pick
If you are searching for a well-performing mountain bike under $200, then you probably should give a try to the Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike. Though available at a low price, it has sturdy aluminum construction.
Such construction makes the bike very lightweight and easy to ride for all. Moreover, the bike is available in different sizes and speeds. These flexible features ensure that anyone can find a perfect version of this bike according to their preference.
The Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike is equipped with a dual disc brake to provide you a smooth braking experience at any condition. However, few users experienced some minor issues with the brake which can be fixed easily.
The most impressive thing about the bike is it comes with a slight-rise handlebar which gives you a proper posture while riding. It also has a front-suspension to absorb the shock during a jump or downhill.
The Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike can be a perfect investment for you with its durable construction and reliable features. This MTB cost under 200 dollars.
Special Feature Of This Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike Is
- Extensive tires for better traction at any terrain.
- Strong and aero-dynamically designed rims.
- Ergonomic krypton grips for comfortable handling.
- Easy to adjust the padded seat with proper stitching.
- Available at different size, speed, and colors.
2. Roadmaster – 26 Inches Granite Peak Men’s Mountain Bike, Black/Blue – Provides Best Suspension
Raodmaster Granite is a vintage design, grabbing the first-rate features of the best cheap mountain bike under 200. This mountain bike provides all the high-end attributes of an expensive bike in a cut-price deal.
You will be bewildered with its outstanding shifting performance, with Shimano rear derailleur and twist shifters (18-speed). The prime appeal of this bike is its black and blue glossy combination which attracts most of the buyers to go for it. You can even get a free assembly of the bike by ordering from some selected sites.
The saddle is adjustable and ensures your safety on rugged trails. All bikers main concern is to have a good grip of the bike which you can get in Roadmaster Granite Bike from its sturdy tires.
Besides, this steel frame is durable and can support your weight easily. This 37 lbs mountain bike is recommended for people with a height of 5’4” to 6’2”. Another attraction is its quick and firm stopping, associated by its front and rear linear pull brakes.
Roadmaster has adorned its suspension fork with the latest technology ‘Ground Assault’ which is appreciably smooth and unique.
Roadmaster – 26 Inches Granite Peak Men’s Mountain Bike Exclusive Features
- Steel mountain frame and the front suspension fork
- Alloy wheels
- Height adjustable seat post
- Strong mountain crank
- 26-inch wheels
3. Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike – Best 21 Speed Bike
For any mountain ride, this Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike is one of the amazing bikes to try. This is the best mountain bike under $200 and for it is the cheap and best mountain bike to try.
In a low budget, this mountain bike gives all the facilities of high expensive mountain bikes. The smooth ride on the bike makes the ride easy and comfortable.
For any outdoor tour, for concurring any rocky road or go on a trip with your bike lover friends, you can blindly trust on this bike. This bike is the best bike in the market. The bike is the 26-inch frame.
The full body is of aluminum and the gear gives a great speed to the bike. The frame is strong enough and the seats are comfortable. The smooth paddle and 24-inch alloy rims are made for the rough roads and heavy journey.
Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike Exclusive Feature
- Has full Suspension Aluminum Frame with 50mm Steel Crown Fork
- The bike has 24″ Alloy Rims
- 21 Speed Twist Shifters
- Smooth paddle
- Strong aluminum body makes it durable
4. Kent Thruster KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike – Best Budget Pick
Kent Thruster KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike is one of the cheap mountain bikes. This branded bike is another best mountain bikes under 200 dollars. In this particular bike, the price of the bike is the primary concern. The producers try to give the best bike at the least price.
That proves undoubtedly it is one of the cheapest and best mountain bikes. Under $200 the mountain bike has some extra-ordinary features. The features include with the great wheel, paddle, break, and strong body.
The wheel gives the most excellent ride. Also, the bounce on the wheel makes the ride comfortable.
This mountain bike is designed considering the safety and comfort of the rider.
The feature of this bike focuses on the best quality.
The Main Features Of The Kent Thruster KZ2600
- 26-inch full suspension frame
- The aluminum body that gives a lightweight and makes the bike portable
- It’s suspension fork of this mountain bike is 65mm travel
- Shimano 21 Speed Shifters with Rear Tourney Derailleur
- It has strong metal wheel frame for a safe journey
5. Stowabike 26″ MTB V2 Folding Dual Suspension 18 Speed Shimano Gears Mountain Bike – Best Foldable Bike
This mountain bike is one of the best in the present market. The features of the bike focus to provide the latest feature at the lowest price. It is the best mountain bike under $200. So it is the cheap mountain bike on the market. There are some excellent features on the bike that allows it to be the best bike at present.
The most amazing feature of the bike is it is a foldable bike with a light body of 38.5 lbs. The 26-inch foldable frame and light body allow traveling comfortably with the bike. The handlebar and the black rubber grip gives the best-balanced ride ever.
Also, the steel v-brakes ensures the safety of the rider.
Some Other Exclusive Features Of This Stowabike 26″ MTB V2 Folding Dual Suspension Are
- The measurement of the tires is Wanda 26×1.95″
- Length Chain KMC C30 chain
- Left Shifter is 3-speed grip shifter, and Right Shifter is the run 6-speed grip shifter
- The overall length of this branded mountain bike is 67.3 x 23.2 x 55.1in
- Folded Size of the bike is 38.2 x 12.6 x 29.5in
- It’s Front Derailleur is Sunrun FD-QD-35
6. Schwinn Men’s High Timber 27.5″ Wheel Mountain Bicycle
Schwinn Men’s High Timber 27.5″ Wheel Mountain Bicycle is best among the branded bikes. This is a great looking and comfortable bike with all the facilities of bikes. This bike provides more facilities then the cost level.
The facilities in the best mountain bike under $200 is unbelievable. The bike comes in different sizes. So this particular bike has size variation. It has color variation too. This bike is easy to assemble. It takes not more than 20 minutes to assemble the bike.
There is an additional place for the water bottle. In the case of your ride if you became tired this water bottle can be a life saver for you. The bike ride is quite smooth and it has a great break and the paddle is also designed considering the comfort of the rider.
Some Unique Feature Of The Schwinn Men’s High Timber
- Full steel body and a strong frame
- The frame and the suspension fork controls the ride on a rough road
- The front shock has the right proportion of stiffness
- Light and durable wheels for extra stability
- Shimano twist shifters with 21-speed rear derailleur for quick gear changes on the trail
7. Kent Thruster T-29 Men’s Mountain Bike
Kent Thruster T-29 Men’s Mountain Bike is an adult bike this bike is for adult men. The bike is stylish and has some unique features than other bikes. The 29-inch frame makes it the bike for adults. The most purchased color in this bike is the black and white combination one.
This bike is a full aluminum body which gives it light weight. The weight of the bike is 41 pound. Break style of the bike is Dual rim Linear Pull that helps to break at any moment. The bike also has 21 number of speed, which gives a high acceleration. The bike would be 85% ready by the time of purchase.
So the assembly of the bike would not be trouble at all. This mountain bike is great for outdoor. Long journies would not be same with this bike like any other bikes. This bike is made of aluminum which makes the bike more attractive.
Unique Feature Of The Kent Thruster T-29 Men’s Mountain Bike Is
- Full body aluminum frame
- Several gear system for great speed
- 29 x 2.1 inch all terrain knobby tires provide great grip on any road
- 170mm crankset with 28, 38, 48 tooth rings are made from steel for durability and strength
8. Generic 26″ Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Men’s Mountain Bike
The Generic 26″ Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Men’s Mountain Bike is one of the most well-designed and stylish bikes in this price range.
It is also equipped with some of the high-end features which are very rare in this price range. The bike comes with an aluminum frame construction which makes it extremely lightweight as well as strong and durable.
Besides, it is has a dual suspension along with a nicely crafted fork. Such combinations of the feature will give you a smooth biking experience even on the roughest mountain terrains by absorbing all the shocks.
The next great thing about the bike is its outstanding drivetrain feature. It offers you a 21-speed drive-train with Shimano twist shifter and Shimano rear derailleur. The 21-speed drivetrain feature is also accompanied by a superior quality 3-piece crank, ensuring you an admirable performance all the time.
You can change the gear comfortably with those trustworthy components at any time.
The Generic 26″ Hyper Havoc Full Suspension Men’s Mountain Bike can be the perfect companion of you while buzzing around a lonesome rough mountain.
Generic 26″ Hyper Havoc Men’s Mountain Bike Exclusive Features
- The overall dimension measure of the bike is 52.4 x 7.5 x 27.2 inches.
- Smooth Shimano breaks both in both front and rear wheel.
- Padded and Plush MTB Gel seat.
- Properly equipped 21-speed twist grip gearing.
- Delivered as disassembled with an easy manual.
9. Huffy Men’s Alpine Bicycle
The Huffy Men’s Alpine Bicycle is one of the most affordable bikes in our list. But the interesting thing is the manufacturer didn’t compromise any of the features to keep the price low.
It comes with a decent steel frame construction as like the other Huffy bikes. Moreover, it has a 3-piece kolo steel cranks which along with the sturdy construction ensures you a safe ride in the bumpy mountains.
One of the nice thing about the bike is it can go pretty faster than the other bikes on this list with less pace. That is because of the large and lightweight knobby tires of the bike.
Such construction of tires can also help you to deal with slippery and muddy terrains safely. The bike is equipped with linear pull back brakes which ensure that you can control the bike accurately at any terrain.
Due to the steel frame construction, the bike is a little heavier. But interestingly, the little extra weight can give you proper maneuverability to control the bike accurately.
The Huffy Men’s Alpine Bicycle gives you the best value for the money. It can be a perfect choice for any serious mountain bike lover for long-term performance.
Huffy Men’s Alpine Bicycle Features
- The overall dimension measure of the bike is 52 x 9 x 27 inches.
- Lightweight alloy black rims with 26″ x 1.95″ knobby tires.
- Smooth and durable 18-speed twists shifters.
- Comes in a beautiful metallic crimson color.
- Quick release seat and Crayton hand grips.
10. 24″ Granite Peak Girls’ Mountain Bike
The 24″ Granite Peak Girls’ Mountain Bike is a specially designed bike to accommodate the female riders. It arrives with all the required features to provide a smooth and comfortable outdoor riding experience.
It has traditional steel mountain-style frame construction along with the front suspension which ensures smoother performance on bumpy terrains.
The construction of the bike is reliable for long-term day-to-day use. It is also equipped with 18-speed twist-style shifter which is very easy to use.
The 24″ Granite Peak Girls’ Mountain Bike has classic front and rear hand brakes and allows the rider to precisely stop the bike as required.
The bike has mountain-style knobby tires with aluminum wheels which make it easy to ride on any terrains. The wheel and frame come in the perfect shape and size to accommodate girls of any age.
One impressive thing about the 24″ Granite Peak Girls’ Mountain Bike is all the features of the bike is highly optimized to give a comfortable and decent riding experience to the girl riders.
Some Unique Feature Of 24″ Granite Peak Girls’ Mountain Bike
- The overall dimension measure of the bike is 157.5 x 58.4 x 94 cm.
- Shimano 18-speed twist-style shifters and rear derailleur.
- Classic linear pull brake for both front and rear wheel.
- Well-equipped front fork suspension system.
- Height adjustable quick release seat.
Which One Is Best Entry Level Mountain Bikes for Beginners
Mountain biking is an excellent measure of sports to start at any period of your life. However, at first, you may need to go through a little complication.
As there are a wide variety of choices available from different manufacturers, it will be baffling for you to find the mountain bike that suits you most. However, don’t funk; we are here to help you.
An entry level mountain bike should come with quality components, dual suspension, and tough build quality to ensure durable rides on the mountain.
The perfect wheel size of the mountain bike should be smaller or around 26-inches. It’s also the perfect size for beginners which offers aerodynamic advantages for a faster ride. The budget is also an important factor while buying a mountain bike.
As you are a beginner, you shouldn’t spend bucks of money on a high-end bike. Instead of this, go for a decent mountain bike which is not that much expensive but still offers comfortable rides.
If you want us to recommend an entry level mountain bike, then we will suggest you go for any of these cheap mountain bikes. The extensively popular bike is available in the market for a long time and still considered as one of the best entry level mountain bike. It offers you some impressive features at the lowest rate possible. The most interesting thing about the bike it is it’s foldable.
You will hardly find a better foldable mountain bike in this price range. Though available at a very cheap price it has solid and sturdy frames for a long-term service. This mtb has a dual suspension which also seems to work pretty well. With all these features, this is by far the best budget mountain bike currently. It is also a great choice for those who love mountain bike but couldn’t afford it.
Above ten is the best mountain bikes under 200 in the market. Under $200 mountain bikes are the bikes which are budget-friendly. Those are the best budget mountain bike. Those bikes are cheap and sustainable at the same time.
Those bikes are branded bikes with all the facilities that a mountain-lovers wanted. The bikes are designed beautifully those bikes have durability, sustainability, safety, and comfort all at the same time.
Some mountain bikes under $200 have so many facilities that most of the expensive bikes don’t. Those bikes are for any size people. If you are tall or short, the adjustable seats help to ride.
The comfortable seat gives comfort during the ride. The smooth paddle decreases the tiredness during the ride and some bikes with water bottle space keep the rider hydrated during the long ride of a mountain climb.
The strong aluminum frame and the double rim steel helps to give a strong body to the bike. In a word these bikes are worthy of spending your money on, these bikes have most of the facilities as the expensive bikes.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Hardtail mountain bike with lightweight 6061 aluminum frame; perfect for exploring mountain trails; 24-inch wheels fits riders 56 to 66 inches tall
- Element suspension fork improves performance and control while providing a smoother ride
- 21-speed twist shifters and rear derailleur provide effortless gear changes
- Front and rear alloy v-brakes deliver reliable stopping power
- Double wall alloy rims offer lightweight durability
- Full Suspension Aluminum Frame with 50mm Steel Crown Fork
- 24" Alloy Rims
- 21 Speed Twist Shifters
- Shimano Rear Derailleur
- Crank- Steel Triple
- Lightweight 16 inch steel frame is the perfect bike for rides around your neighborhood or trails. The 24-inch wheel frame fit riders 5’5” to 6’0” inches tall
- Bicycle comes with an alloy crank that provides steady gear changes that cause less maintenance
- Mountain bike has twist shifters with a rear derailleur to make gear changes quick and easy
- Wide knobby mountain tires sit on a lightweight and durable alloy wheel that adds stability and balance to the rider for all weather and terrain types
- Accessories that are included are quick release seat posts that make for a quick and easy adjustment