When it comes to staying fit in life, there is no question that cycling is a great way to exercise, commute, and enjoy the outdoors. But it’s important to remember that cycling can also be dangerous, and one of the best ways to protect yourself while cycling is to wear a protective helmet. It can help to prevent serious head and other injuries in the event of a fall or collision and can also help to keep you visible to other cyclists.
There are a wide variety of cycling helmets available on the market, so it’s important to choose one that is comfortable and fits well. Reviews.Guide covers all the cycling helmets available and provides detailed information on each one to help you make an informed decision. In this article, we will talk about various models in the market and how they are important for you.
What Are Protective Helmets?
Most cycling helmets in the market are designed in such a way to protect your head from crashes. They are typically made from expanded polystyrene foam with a thin layer of plastic on the outside. Some also have MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) technology, which can help reduce the risk of brain injury in a crash. These can be lifesavers, but only if they fit properly.
Protective helmets’ material and design have evolved in recent years. Some models now have cooling vents and even built-in headphones. But while purchasing a helmet, you should always look for the fit, followed by safety features.
How to Choose the Best Protective Helmet For You?
While buying a helmet, it is crucial to find one that fits your head properly and offers maximum protection. The best option to find the one that fits is to go to a cycling shop and get fitted by a professional. They will help you find one that is comfortable and fits well. This will help you check the perfect size for you to know about the fit. It’s also important to ensure that the model you choose has adequate ventilation, as you will be cycling in hot weather.
Here are some of the major features you should consider while choosing the best protective helmets –
- Fit – The cycling helmet should fit snugly on your head and should not be too loose or too tight. You should also be able to adjust the straps to get a safe and secure fit.
- Safety Features – The helmet you choose should have adequate safety features such as MIPS technology. This will help to prevent your head from getting hit due to accidents.
- Ventilation – As you will be cycling in hot weather, it is important to choose a helmet with good ventilation. This ventilation feature will help to keep your head cool while cycling.
- Visibility – It is also important to choose a helmet that is visible to other cyclists and motorists. Some products come with radium stickers at the back of them, which will make the cyclist visible at night. This will help you stay safe while cycling on the road.
- Accessory Compatibility – Some cycling helmets come with built-in headphones or other important accessories. If you want to use these useful features, it is important to choose a model compatible with them, making your cycling experience fun and exciting.
- Price – Cycling helmets can range in price from under $50 to over $300. It is important to choose a helmet that fits your budget and provides adequate protection to the cyclist from fatal accidents.
List Of The Best Protective Helmets For Cycling
With thousands of brands available in the market providing accessories for cyclists, you should always consider buying the highest rated product. Here is the list of best cycling helmets that will protect you if you face accidents or collisions. They provide great safety to the rider while cycling.
1. Bell Trace MIPS
This helmet is designed for road cycling and features MIPS technology. It has multiple vents for good ventilation and is available in different sizes. This helmet is equipped with an adjustable visor system which helps to keep the sun out of your eyes. It is manufactured with an in-mold polycarbonate shell with an EPS foam liner.
2. Bontrager Starvos WaveCel Cycling Helmet
This helmet is designed for road cycling and comes with the WaveCel technology. It has 17 vents for good ventilation and is available in multiple sizes. The Bontrager’s Blendr mount system will work with this product. It is made from a strong, yet lightweight material called polycarbonate material and has an in-molded strap with a slide lock buckle.
3. Nutcase Street Mips Helmet
A good protective helmet for recreational cyclists is the Nutcase Street Mips Helmet. This is designed to provide protection against impact and penetration injuries, and it includes an injection-molded ABS shell and a comfortable EPS foam liner. It also features a visor to protect your eyes from the sun and debris, and it has adjustable straps and a chin guard for a secure fit.
4. S-Works Prevail II Vent MIPS Helmet
If you’re looking for the best overall protective helmet for cycling, look no further than the S-Works Prevail II Vent MIPS Helmet. It is lightweight and well vented, making it ideal for those hot summer rides. Additionally, the polycarbonate shell provides great protection in case of a fall, and it is compatible with the ANGi sensor for added safety.
5. Thousand Adult Bike Helmet
The Thousand Adult Bike Helmet MIPS is one of the best cycling helmets out there for road biking enthusiasts and commuters. It’s got MIPS technology to protect your head from impacts, a multi-use magnetic light for safety and visibility, and a secret pop lock to keep your helmet securely in place while you’re riding.
It is important to choose a cycling helmet that is protective as well as comfortable. The helmets listed above are some of the best on the market and provide great safety for the rider. When choosing a helmet, be sure to consider the safety features, ventilation, visibility, accessory compatibility, and price. Apart from these factors, do proper research before buying one. We hope this report about cyclist protection was helpful in your search for the best one. Be safe and happy riding.