Road bike now becomes the best partner in people life, because a person can easily go anywhere with his/her road bike. But for the budget, many people can’t afford a road bike. For them, we are going to review the best road bikes under 300 dollars.
Riding a cycle also good for our health. It reduces your fat from your body and makes you fit. The best road bikes under $300 you will not get all the features that a premium bike has, but you will get maximum features of a premium road bike.
For an entry level bike rider who loves to ride a bike also can go for a bike the cost under $300. $300 is enough for a road bike to start your bike journey. In this article, I am going to give you the name of the best road bikes under $300 budget with all features, in-depth review of each bike.
Best Road Bikes Under 300 Dollars
1. Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700C Drop Bar Road Bicycle
The Schwinn making road bikes for men for decades. The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700C Drop Bar Road Bicycle, Black, 18-Inch is one of the best entry level road bikes. Any rider like – kids, men and other can easily ride it for it’s lightweight and other features.
The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700C Drop Bar Road Bicycle built with Schwinn aluminum road frame and it makes the road bike light in weight and durable. This road bike made for road biking and fast biking purposes.
The most problem face when riding a road bike is gear shifting problem, but the Schwinn Men’s Phocus solve that problem. The gear shifting becomes easier and perfect now. Also, the braking system has become more accurate and instant. You can break this road bike at any speed.
Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 Highlighted Features
- Designed For: Road Use/ Fitness /Bike Path
- Color: Black
- Frame: Schwinn aluminum road frame with Rigid Fork
- Size: 18” & Wheel Size: 700
- Item Dimensions: 67 x 18 x 37 inches And Weight: 27 Pounds
- Quick Release Saddle And Quick Release Front Wheel
- Brake Style: Mechanical Rim
- SR Suntour alloy crank
- High-profile alloy rims
- Shimano 14 speed rear derailleur and Shimano A050 shifters
- Excellent handling
- Good braking system
- Smooth riding
- Smooth gear shifting
- Affordable price
- Attractive look
- Tires are thin
2. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
The Takara brand introduced their new single speed Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike. This road is taking a position of its single speed and long term feature.For school, job and exercise purpose anyone can use the Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike.
The price of this bike under 300 dollars. You will get gloves, glass, and helmet within $300if you go for this road bike.
The Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike design with a durable, handcrafted steel frame and horizontal dropouts that can handle the abuse of riding through the city and roadways.
This bike has three sizes available in the market – Large – 58 CM ( 35.2 lbs), Medium – 54 CM (35.2 lbs) & Small.
It’s featuring with multi-color and single color. It has a total of four-color combination- Green/Blue, Blue, Black/Green & Yellow/Black.
Takara Kabuto Single Speed Features
- Built With Durable steel frame
- Single Speed
- Rear Flip Flop Hub for fixed gear
- Commuter Road Bike
- Tig-welded steel frame and fork
- Rims With Alloy Hub
- Alloy Side Pull Brakes
- 700” Wheels
- For Long term use
- Easy assemble
- Easy Operate
- Used Durable frame
- No shifting change problem
- Fast and smooth riding
- Affordable price for all
- Little bit heavy for steel frame
- Some issue of tires
3. 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed Fixie Urban Track Bike
Fixies (fixed speed bikes) are considered as the most decent bikes for the roads as they offer superior speed and hassle-free rides. The 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed Fixie Urban Track Bike is a quality fixed gear bike that you can choose at an affordable price.
The 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed Fixie Urban Track Bike comes with 6061 double-butted alloy construction. Such constructions make the bike extremely lightweight and easy to ride.
The aluminum construction is also highly durable for long-term performance. The bike has a flip-flop hub to switch the gear from single speed to fixed speed quickly. If you find multiple gears as sophisticated, then the fixed gear bike with the easy gear switcher can be an excellent choice for you.
The 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single-Speed Fixie Bike is equipped with 30mm deep V double-wall alloy wheels along with 700 x 25C Kenda Tires. Such a variety of features offer smooth and comfortable rides on urban roads.
The bike with minimalistic design and efficient components is one of the best road bikes under 300, and it will be an excellent companion for anyone.
Highlights Of 6KU Aluminum Fixed Gear Single
- Durable 6061 double-butted alloy smooth welding with one 1/8-inch alloy fork.
- Flip-flop hub to switch between single speed and fixed speed quickly.
- 30mm deep V double-wall alloy wheels with 700 x 25C Kenda Tires.
- Dual alloy brakes with replaceable braking pads.
- Available at different colors and multiple size.
- Beautiful and minimalistic design.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Easy and comfortable to rides.
- Removable brakes.
- Narrow handlebars; may require adjusting.
- The seat is not very comfortable.
4. Vilano Shadow Road Bike
Vilano is one of the best road bike making company right now. They are making affordable road bike for people. So that, anyone can afford their bike. Vilano Shadow Road Bike is on our list that will cost under $300.
Vilano Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike Shimano 21 is made of 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Frame, this makes the bike lightweight. The bike comes with a great quality fork, padel and wheel for all its ride become comfortable and smooth.
The Vilano Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike Shimano 21 comes in three different sizes.
- Small: 50 cm, Medium: 54 cm & Large: 58 cm
- It has two colors available in the market; Black & White
Features Of Vilano Shadow Road Bike
- Frame: 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Frame
- Lightweight and Hi-Ten Steel Fork
- 700c Double Wheels
- Shimano A050 Thumb Shifters
- Alloy Caliper Steel And Dual Brake Levers
- Urban Commuter Saddle
- Item weight: 26.5 lbs
- Smooth gear shifting
- Solid frame construction
- Great braking system
- Simple assembly
- Good Price
- Smooth riding
- Poor quality tires
- Uncomfortable seat
5. Roadmaster 26″ Men’s Granite Peak Men’s Bike
The Roadmaster 26″ Men’s Granite Peak Men’s Bicycle is one of the most affordable road bikes available in the market currently. The bicycle is specialized for urban paved roads, but it can also perform well on rough terrains. One thing we liked most about the bike is the manufacturer didn’t compromise any of its features to keep the price low. It includes quality and adequately optimized features to offer you straightforward, smooth, and relaxing rides.
The Granite Peak Men’s Bike comes with a steel frame construction with appropriate bike frame geometry to ensure proper durability and better bike fits. The 18-speed bike offers you a variety of gears to make rough terrains easier for you. There are Shimano rear derailleurs and SRAM drive twist shifters, which can ensure you a precise and smooth gear shifting experience. The bike has front and rear linear-pull brakes to control the bike speed steadily.
The Granite Peak Men’s Bike features 26” quality and lightweight alloy rims accompanied by high-grip tires, which provide superior traction to make the rides easier for you. Besides, the front suspension of the bike reduces shocks from the roads to ensure you comfortable rides. The bike can be an excellent choice for anyone who is seeking a decent road bike at an affordable price.
Roadmaster 26″ Men’s Granite Peak Features
- Durable steel frame and a front suspension fork to offer smooth rides.
- Designed with proper bike geometry with 26inch wheels, perfect for 5’4″ to 6’2″ riders.
- 18-speed bike with Shimano rear derailleurs and SRAM drive twist shifters.
- Dual linear-pull brakes with precise and high-powered stopping ability.
- 26-inch wheels with lightweight alloy rims and better gripping tires.
- Available at an affordable price.
- Durable frame construction.
- Offers smooth and comfortable rides.
- Easy to assemble.
- Precise front suspension.
- The brakes require some adjustments.
- The seat is not that comfortable.
6. Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed 700c
Vilano is a popular name in the market for manufacturing quality bikes at an affordable price. The R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike is a nicely designed bike from the manufacturer, Vilano. It comes with a 6061 double-butted aluminum frame construction, which is very rare in this price range. Aluminum construction makes the bike lightweight for comfortable rides as well as highly durable for long-term performance.
The Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike is equipped with Shimano A050 thumb rear indexed 7-speed and front friction 3-speed, which offers you a total of 21 varying gears. The variety of gears makes the bike easy to ride on the paved roads and also perfect for rough terrains. The bike comes with a narrow saddle, which may require replacing for better comforts.
The bike is equipped with 700c Doubled Walled CNC Alloy Machined Sides, which helps to pedal easier and go faster. There are dual alloy caliper brakes to control the bike speed securely. The bike equips an athletic-top handlebar which is comfortable and adjustable for a better suit. The lightweight and comfortable bike can be an excellent choice for anyone in a low budget.
Some Features Of Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike
- 6061 Double Butted durable and lightweight Aluminum Frame construction.
- 21 Speed Drivetrain with Shimano components to handle any situation.
- 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined wheels with Quick Release Skewers.
- Dual alloy caliper brakes for safe and precise speed control of the bike.
- Drop handlebar with quick release seat post and wheels.
- Lightweight and durable bike components.
- Precise and convenient gear shifting.
- Smooth and comfortable rides at different terrains.
- Easy to assemble with included manual.
- Nice and stylish appearance.
- The seat is not very comfortable.
- The brakes are not very high quality.
7. Eurobike Bikes EURXC550 21 Speed Road Bike
Fan of the high-end premium bikes but don’t have enough budget for them? Then the Eurobike Bikes EURXC550 21 Speed Road Bike can be an excellent choice for you. Though available at a low price, the bike looks great with its slightly curved frame, athletic-top handlebar, and glossy black and white color combination.
The Eurobike Bikes EURXC550 21 Speed Road Bike comes with a durable steel frame and fork construction. Though the frame is made from steel, the overall bike weighs only 31.5lbs, just a little much than the aluminum bikes.
It includes a SHIMANO A050 21-speed gear with Shimano TX-30 shifters for quick, easy, and convenient gear shifting. The 21-gear system offers you better versatility and control of the bike in different situations. It has 160mm size aluminum dual disc brakes, which allows you to control the bike speed as per your needs.
The EURXC550 bike is equipped with 700x28c high grip tires and lightweight alloy rims to offer you an effortless and smooth pedaling experience. With the athletic-top handlebar, you can enjoy an aerodynamic riding position to commute at a faster speed. Besides, it has an ergonomic seat post, which padded and comfortable. The seat post is adjustable at different heights to adapt a variety of riders.
Highlighted Features Of Eurobike Bikes EURXC550
- High-quality curved steel frame and fork construction for long-term durability.
- SHIMANO A050 21-speed gear with Shimano TX-30 shifters for precise speed shifting.
- SHIMANO TZ30 front derailleur and SHIMANO TZ50 rear derailleur.
- 160mm size aluminum dual disc brakes precise and safe control of the bike.
- 700x28c high grip tires with lightweight alloy rims for smooth and easy rides.
- Smooth and precise gear mechanism.
- Stylish and premium frame design.
- Easy to assemble.
- Durable and lightweight construction.
- Tires are perfect for different types of terrains.
- May get rust in the wet weather.
- Requires frequent adjustment of some components.
8. Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI Integrated Shifters
The Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike is an affordable road bike for entry level road biker, commuter, and exercise. This is one of the best road bikes under $300. The Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road bike integrated with Shimano STI shifter.
This road bike was built solid 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Aero Frame which makes it durable, lightweight and durable. Anyone can easily carry the weight. The Vilano Shadow 2.0 contain Shimano STI brake lever integrated shifter, which offers a controlled and precise braking system. The shifting system in a single unit that is specifically designed for road use.
The Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike comes in three different sizes, like- Large, Medium and small. The best part of this bike men and women both can ride this bike. And its primary color is black and white, which makes the road bike look attractive.
Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike Features
- Brand: Vilano
- Speed: 14 & Size: 53 CM
- 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Aero frame with integrated headset
- Shimano STI Integrated Brake Lever
- Fork: 700c 1 1/8 inches Threadless
- Brakes: dual pivot alloy caliper
- Wheelset: 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Side
- Shifters: Shimano A070 STI Integrated Brake Lever
- Front Derailleur: Shimano and Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney
- Light in weight
- Simple assembly
- Fast Acceleration
- Quality Parts
- Affordable Price
- Durable and Strong
- Poor quality tires
9. Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike, 700c
The Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike is an upgrade version of Prelude road bike of Schwinn. The bike quality is better than pervious one. This road bike is for those who love adventure, and you can ride this bike on any rough terrain. Also, the Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike suited to all other road bike rider like – working, school kids and commuters.
The Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike was built with Schwinn aluminum road frame with rigid fork. This makes the road bike lightweight, strong and durable. The brakes of this bike are better than any other road bike. You can brake the bike at any speed.
The Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike is of the best cheap road bikes. You will be able to buy gloves, glasses and helmet within $300. The size of this Volare road bike is 56 CM – 56.5 CM.
Schwinn Men’s Volare 1300 Bike Features
- Frame: Schwinn Aluminum Road Frame With Rigid Fork
- Color: White
- Alloy caliper pull brakes
- Shimano 14 speed A050 shifters
- Shimano rear derailleur for quick shifts
- Schwinn alloy crank
- Dimensions: 67 x 18 x 37 inches
- Item Weight: 39.3 Pounds
- Wheel Size: 700”
- Strong and Durable
- Smooth riding
- Easy to maintain
- Great Built Quality
- Affordable within $300
- Fast rides
- Some tire problem
- Thin Rims
10. Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike
The Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike for those riders who love to ride their bike simply. This bike built with handcrafted steel frame. This bike comes without any gear. No gear shifting problem. A lot of city riders and commuters want this kind of bike. The Takara made this bike by taking the rider opinion.
The Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike available in three sizes and three different colors. Sizes are – Large, Medium and Small. Colors- Black/Blue, Gray/Orange and Orange/Yellow.
Highlights Of Takara Sugiyama Flat Bar Fixie Bike
- Flat Bar Fixie Bike
- Handcrafted Steel Frame
- Flip Flop Hub for Fixed Gear or Freewheel Single Speed Modes
- 32 Hole Alloy Wheels And Size- 700
- Horizontal Drop Outs
- No derailleurs for superior urban biking
- Brake Style: Handbrake
- Fixed Gear Bike
- For Road Use, Commuter Use
- Strong Frame
- Good brake
- Attractive design
- Easy to handle
- Affordable price
- Size problem
11. Vilano Tuono 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Disc Brakes, 700c
The Vilano Tuono 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Disc Brakes, 700c, is another excellent Vilano Bikes with impressive features and components. It is equipped with a 6061 Double-Butted Aluminum Aero frame and forks. Such constructions make the bike extremely lightweight (only 11kg) as well as highly durable for a long lifespan.
The Vilano Tuono 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike features 21 gear mechanism which allows you to ride the bikes on different types of terrains. It has Shimano A050 SIS Handlebar Mounted shifters along with Shimano front and rear derailleurs for easy and smooth gear shifting. The best part of the bike is its powerful disc brakes, which are very rare in this price range. Such a braking mechanism allows you to stop the bike instantly as per your need.
The Vilano Tuono 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike also features 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Side, which offers you a smooth and faster ride on city roads. It has an angled handlebar that gives you an aerodynamic riding position for quicker commutes. You can easily adjust the handlebar with the included headset as per your preferences.
Vilano Tuono 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike 21 Core Features
- 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Aero with 700c 1 1/8″ Thread-less fork.
- 21 gear mechanism with A050 SIS Handlebar Mounted gear shifter.
- Shimano front and rear derailleurs with the KMC chain.
- 700c Doubled Walled CNC Machined Side wheelset with 700c x 25c wide tire.
- Dual disc precise brakes with high strength braking power.
- Extremely lightweight; weighs only 11kg.
- Smooth and precise gearing components.
- Comfortable and adjustable handlebar.
- Easy to assemble.
- Customizable design.
- The brake requires adjusting frequently.
- Plastic pedals; may require replacing.
12. Bavel Aluminum 21 Speed 700C Ultra Light Road Bike Racing Bicycle Shimano
The Bavel Aluminum 21 Speed 700C Ultra Light Road Bike Racing Bicycle Shimano is one of the mid-range road bikes. You will get a racing feature in it. The built quality is excellent of the bike. It’s made with strong but the lightweight Aluminum frame.
As a road bike, any entry level rider can choose this road bike, as well as who loved to road bike racing he/she can choose this bike too. The bike is a little bit heavy than another road bike. But not too much as steel frame bike weight.
The Bavel Aluminum 21 Speed 700C Ultra Light Road Bike Racing Bicycle Shimano has three different sizes available in the market- Large Size– 54 CM, Medium Size – 51 CM & Small Size – 48 CM.
The rider can choose their bike as their height. This beginner road bike has two colors in the market- black/blue and white/blue.
Prime Features Of Bavel Aluminum 21 Speed
- Lightweight and Sturdy Aluminum Frame
- Aluminum Fork
- Quick-Release Front and Rear Wheels
- Prowheel Crank Set (Prowheel is Taiwan brand)
- Front Derailleur: Shimano TZ-30
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano TY300
- Shifters: Shimano EF-500
- Brakes: Disc Brake
- Freewheel：Shimano TZ-21
- Rims: 6061 Aluminum 700C
- Lightweight and strong frame
- Perfect shifting
- Good Brakes
- Road bike plus racing bike
- Smooth riding
- Plastic pedals
- Uncomfortable saddle
Final Verdict Of Best Road Bikes Under 300
After reading this article, I hope you will get the best road bikes under 300 dollars. I put all kinds of information that you will observe before buying a road bike under $300. I listed the top 10 road bikes under $300 on my list, though there is few extra costs after buying the road bike. But you can forget about that cost.
The road bike has now become the standard transport of everyone’s life. It makes life easier, and we can control our health too. For the health control feature, people started to love riding a bike.
So, if you go through my review, you will get the best road bike for you. Those are top rated bike in the market right now. Why are you waiting? Just get your one right now.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- 49 Cm Road Bike Fits up for 5’5” to 5'7" Youth/Adult Riders