source:worldatlas.com

When it comes to automotive industries, the materials used for making the components of a vehicle play a crucial role in terms of the quality and value of a car; therefore, the automotive industries need to make the right selection of elements to meet the quality preference as well as emission targets.

Steel has been highly in use for designing the vehicle body during the past years of manufacturing and developing automobiles. And over the years, steel industries have succeeded in developing exceptional steels that are fuel-efficient, safer, stronger, and cost-effective.

There are around two hundred types of steel available in the market today. In recent years automotive industries have introduced the use of alternative materials like aluminum and other lightweight advanced materials to produce lighter and fuel-efficient products. However, buyers are becoming more selective about car materials and feature the car offers.

Are you looking for a car to purchase? Check out the ‘Zemotor’ (https://www.zemotor.com) website, where you will find a wide range of commodities from home cleaning products to second-hand vehicles or brand new cars. Now let’s take a look at some of the challenges faced by automotive industries.

Carbon Dioxide Emission and Fuel Economy

source:ucsusa.org

Environmental pollution caused by the emission of carbon dioxide into the air has been a significant challenge faced by the automotive industries. The discharge of carbon dioxide gas from the transport accounts to about twenty percent of the total carbon dioxide emitted into the environment. The total number of Carbon dioxide emitted from the running vehicles accounts for about 85%, while the remaining 15 % is released from the manufacturing of automobiles and production of materials.

Therefore automotive industries are facing challenges in areas like achieving the emission target, where the average rate of carbon dioxide emission needs to reduce by about 20%, i.e., 24g/km approximately. When it comes to fuel economy, the manufacturers of automobile industries have been focusing on lightweight vehicles to accomplish the requirement of fuel efficiency.

Steel vs. Aluminum

source:aluminiuminsider.com

Steel has been a highly used material for the production of automobile components since the beginning. Its advantages being the steel strength, formability, and cost affectivity. Steel is popularly known for its flexibility and strength in comparison to aluminum. However, automotive industries have been mostly competitive about the material used to develop the body parts, particularly between steel and aluminum.

Aluminum is lower in strength as compared to steel; also, it is expensive and challenging to form aluminum sheets. The use of aluminum material can help reduce weight, unlike steel, but at a higher cost. Hence material selection becomes an essential aspect in which the automotive industries are being competitive. Aluminum can be a disadvantage when it comes to pricing as compared to advanced steel.

Environmental Impact

source:dailysabah.com

In recent years automotive industries growing concern has been over the ecological impacts and meeting the demands of the customers. Emission of harmful gas from vehicles has become a growing global concern because of its adverse effects on humans and the environment. Air pollution from the transport sector has increased at a higher level over the years.

As a result, government agencies such as the European agency have laid down specific strict rules on the automotive manufacturers to check the emission of harmful gases from automobiles. Despite producing the best automobile transport and vehicles, automotive industries continue to face problems in certain areas. Such issues are regarding safety, fuel economy, affordability, and gas emission.

In this regard, automobile industries have been working on adopting different strategies to reduce the weight of vehicles. Reducing the weight of a car can reduce the consumption of fuel and the emission of carbon dioxide to a considerable rate.

Reduction in Weight

source:3dnatives.com

The competition on the quality of the vehicle, cost, and performance are greater today than ever. And in order to meet these requirements, automobile industries have been focusing mainly on the selection of the materials. Automobile manufacturers are trying to adopt ways to reduce the weight by replacing steel using aluminum, carbon-fiber, and other lightweight materials.

The automotive industries must look upon the matter and come up with technologies to adapt to the changing demands. Despite the challenges faced by automobile manufacturers, automotive industries are continually growing, and the production of automobile vehicles has been increasing significantly in recent years.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here