The Street Glide is arguably one of the best Harley Davidson bikes. The big roaring V-Twin is engineered for long road trips, and with the advanced customization options, you finally get to design your dream bike.
But if you’re a music fan, you’ll likely be disappointed by the OEM speaker setup; the speakers are not loud enough, the sound quality is subpar, and the amplifier is basic.
Thankfully, the sound system can be upgraded, and the speaker upgrade kits make that job a breeze.
Best Street Glide Sound Systems
1. Rockford Fosgate HD14RGSG-STAGE3 Four Speakers & Amplifier Kit
Rockford and Harley Davidson have been collaborating for a few decades now. Every Harley comes pre-equipped with a Rockford speaker and amplifier system. But Rockford also makes some of the best speaker upgrade kits approved by Harley Davidson.
If you don’t mind a splurge, their latest STAGE3 kit will be your best option. Most sound systems have to compromise either on loudness or sound quality. But with the HD14 STAGE3, you get the best of both worlds, audiophile sound quality, and an extremely loud sound, so it’s no surprise it earned the top spot on our list.
We were blown away by this audiophile class amplifier and speaker combo. The quad-speakers deliver superb stereo imaging, which can be fine-tuned with a fader. Speakers are rated at 150W, and the quad setup outputs up to 600W of power. Rockford kits are easy to install, they don’t require any drilling, modifications, or special tools.
2. Rockford Fosgate HD14-TKIT Front Audio Kit
Rockford’s latest STAGE3 kits are the best on the market, but due to the high price tag, it’s out of reach for most customers. Thankfully, their previous generation kit is still on sale. If you don’t mind the two-speaker setup, you can get the Fosgate HD14 for just over 1000$.
There are no modifications required; no drilling or cutting is required. Every piece of the kit bolts down to the OEM system attachment points, and you don’t need any specialty tools to install it.
The four-channel amplifier outputs a staggering 400W of power, delivering a clean and powerful signal to the big 6.5” full-range speakers. They are paired with 25mm dome tweeters that will make your music sound good even at high speeds.
3. BOSS Audio Systems BHD3F Harley Davidson Bike Front Speakers Kit System
If you’ve already been on the look for full conversion kits, you likely noticed that there aren’t many options on the market.
Up until recently, your only options were our favorite, but expensive Rockford kits. BOSS changed that with the release of the BHD3F, a budget speaker upgrade kit that can stand toe-to-toe with the older Rockford systems.
The powerhouse of this system is the 600W four-channel amplifier. It works in both two-channel and four-channel modes, so you can easily upgrade to a four-speaker setup in the future.
Pair of 6.5” speakers can output up to 300W of power, and they are powerful enough to cut through most unwanted sounds. We were pleasantly surprised with the sound quality; the bass is punchy, the mids are rich and the highs are loud.
4. J&M Rokker XXR 6.71″ Front Speaker kit
You don’t have to go for a full conversion kit to improve the sound quality and loudness; just changing the OEM speakers will do wonders for the sound quality and loudness. The Street Glide will hold just about any 6.5” speaker on the market, but the Rokker XXR is designed specifically for the Street Glide.
So what’s so special about the Rokker XXR? Well for starters, they are the only 6.71” speakers that will fit in the standard 6.5” casing without modifications.
That extra size might not seem like much, but it gives a much fuller sound compared to the standard 6.5” speakers. They are surprisingly loud even at high speeds, and the sound quality is comparable to the similarly priced Rockford speakers.
5. Rockford Fosgate TMS6SG Speakers
Consider the latest Fosgate TMS6SG Speakers if you’re looking to upgrade the OEM speakers.
They are a great choice for riders who want the best and the loudest sounding speakers on the market. Since the Rockford amplifier can be bought separately, going for the speaker upgrade first might be a good idea.
Installing these speakers is a breeze, as they fit perfectly in the Street Glide speaker housing. These full-range speakers are complemented by an extra loud 25mm dome tweeter. The loudness and sound quality are on point.
They are not as loud as the Rokker XXR, but the sound is much richer, with deeper bass and more pronounced highs.
6. BOSS Audio Systems BHD14 Harley Davidson 6 x 9 Inch Saddlebag Speaker Kit
Most bikes don’t have pre-installed back speakers, and the Street Glide is no exception. If you just want to upgrade the back speakers, the BOSS BHD14 might be a perfect choice.
The OEM amplifier supports a four-channel model, so you won’t have to upgrade your amp to use these speakers.
These 6×9 speakers are rated for up to 300W, making them a perfect choice for powerful 600W amps. We tested them with the OEM front speakers and amplifier, and we noticed a huge difference.
The back speakers filter out most unwanted sounds, they make your system considerably louder, and the stereo imaging is improved.
7. Hogtunes HF-1 Tweeter Pod Kit
The Street Glide sound system has two main components: an amplifier and speakers. But Hogtunes offered an interesting solution, a completely independent tweeter pod that sits perfectly above your speedometer.
A tweeter is a special type of speaker; they only reproduce high frequencies, meaning most of your sound system loudness will depend on your tweeter setup. As we know, the OEM sound system on the Street Glide is not that loud.
When we added this tweeter pod, we instantly noticed a considerable difference, and we were able to hear the music clearly at higher speeds. The only downside is that these tweeters are all about loudness, we didn’t notice any sound quality improvements.
8. XMT-MOTO 6.5″ 6 1/2″ Speaker
Let’s face it, Street Glide OEM speakers are not that loud, and they become barely audible at higher speeds. The XMT-MOTO speakers can be a good choice if all you want is a louder set of speakers.
They fit perfectly in the casing of the Street Glide, no special tools or modifications are required. The sound quality of the XMT-MOTO speakers is comparable to the OEM speakers, but they are noticeably louder; they can be a good choice if you need loudness on a budget.
Full upgrade kits vs speaker kits
We’ve already talked about the subpar sound system that comes with the Street Glide. The OEM amplifier may support four-channel audio, but the power output is low and the sound quality is not that great.
If you can afford it, it’s recommended you go for a full upgrade kit. But if you are on a tight budget, going for an upgrade kit can be a good option if you only need more loudness and a tad better sound quality.
Maximum speaker output
Every speaker has a maximum output, which will determine how much power it can pull from the amplifier. The OEM amplifier can output only 300W of power, so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to go for a quad 150W speaker setup. If you don’t want to replace the OEM amplifier, we recommend you go for speakers that don’t exceed 100W.
Ease of installation
The best speakers for Harley Street Glide are the ones that are easy to install. Premium upgrade kits such as the Rockford Fosgate fit perfectly in the OEM housing, and you don’t need any special tools or skills to install them.
Budget kits are usually harder to install; the BOSS BHD3F kit will require drilling and faceplate installation. If you don’t want to ruin the aesthetics of your bike, your only true option will be a Rockford Fosgate kit.
Two speakers vs four speakers
Harley Street Glide comes with a dual speaker setup, but you can easily upgrade it to a quad-speaker setup. With four speakers, you get double the amount of power, which comes in handy when driving at higher speeds.
A four-speaker mode has superior stereo imaging which considerably enhances the listening experience. Dual speaker setups are less distracting and they help you focus on your ride.
Let’s be blunt, the stock sound system on the Street Glide is not loud, and you definitely won’t be able to hear your music at higher speeds. Upgrading the OEM sound system will give you a superior listening experience, but you will also be able to crank the volume much louder. If you only care about loudness, Hogtunes tweeter pod can be a great choice.
Size of the tweeter
Every full-range speaker has a tweeter, but speakers for bikes usually have a much bigger twitter. You will hardly ever see a 6” car speaker with a 25mm tweeter, but that’s the norm for bike speakers. A more powerful tweeter means your speakers will be louder, and your music will be more audible. It also helps block most unwanted high frequencies that distract the driver.
What size speakers are in a Harley Davidson Street Glide?
It depends on the model year; the older Street Glide models housed the more modest 5.25” speakers, but the newer models (2014+) come with the beefier 6.5” speaker setup. If you want to step up the speaker size, consider the 6.71” Rokker XXR.
How many watts are stock Harley speakers?
Again, it depends on the model and the year of making. The newer models have a decent sound system, and their speakers output more than 100W of power. Older models had a more modest sound system, with about 20W of power per speaker.
Can you upgrade the Street Glide sound system?
Yes, every Harley Davidson has an upgradable sound system. Older models are a bit trickier to upgrade, and you will likely need a help of a professional. Newer models, and especially the Fosgate kits are super simple to install.
Are Street Glide speakers waterproof?
Speakers are not as susceptible to water damage as other electronics. We wouldn’t call them waterproof, but it is safe to say they’re water-resistant. They can’t be submerged in water, but other than that, you are good to go. In short, you won’t have to worry about rain, snow, splashing, or hail damaging your speakers.
Is the Street Glide sound system easy to upgrade?
Full upgrade kits are easy to install if they are specifically made for the model of your bike. Budget kits usually fit multiple models, and in turn, they will be harder to install and you will likely need special tools and modifications. Rockford kits are the easiest ones to install. However, if you’re only upgrading the speakers, you’ll only need a basic set of screwdrivers.
Upgrading your Harley Street Glide sound system has never been easier, and there are options at every price point. If you’re looking for the best of the best, go for the latest Fosgate STAGE3.
BOSS offers a much more affordable full upgrade kit, but it’s harder to install and it comes with only two speakers. The Hogtunes Tweeter Pod Kit is great if you’re on a budget and you just want some extra loudness.
Also, take a look at the list below:
- Mounting Style NONE
- QTY NONE
- Size NONE
- Watts RMS - Max NONE
- Color:Black; Aftermarket 100% New; High class quality and very durable; Good Working Condition and Easy to Install.
- Magnet's Weight: 14.5OZ; V.C. Diameter：25mm; Cone Paper Material：PP; Impedance: 4Ω.
- Frequency Range: 45HZ-22kHZ; Output: 60W-120W; Sensitivity: 92dB; Treble Coil Diameter: 20mm Silk Dome.
- Fit 14-later FLHT, FLHX, FLHXS, FLTRX and FLTRXS models equipped with King Tour-Pack Luggage. Fit For CVO Road Glide Limited FLTRKSE 2022 Fit For Electra Glide Standard...
- Package included: two Speaker Pods; two metal black mesh screens; two stylish chrome finish screen retaining rings; two speakers
- 𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗗, 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 from Hogtunes latest "Gen 4", 6.5" Front Speakers For 2014+ Bikes
- 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗘 &𝗮𝗺𝗽; 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚...
- 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗛 𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗦 included (Drag Part # 4405-0375) for 2014+ Batwing fairings...
- 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗘 𝟮 𝗢𝗛𝗠 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗥𝗦 work excellent off factory radio or with the addition of an amplifier
- 𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗚 𝗡' 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 / 𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬-𝗧𝗢-𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡 - no wire cutting required ever. Kit comes with...
- 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥, 𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗗 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 from our Gen 3 - 5"x7" - 2 ohm front speakers for "Advanced Audio" Road Glide
- 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗, 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 & 𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗗...
- 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗗𝗘𝗦 adaptors that perfectly adapt the factory 5.25" speakers to 5"x7" speakers
- 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗗𝗘𝗦 𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝗨𝗣𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗛 𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗦...
- 𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗚 𝗡' 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 / 𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬-𝗧𝗢-𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡 - no wire cutting required ever. Speakers comes...
- The HD14-TKIT front audio kit allows you to quickly upgrade your Harley-Davidson audio from ho-hum to holy-cow with no modifications or compromises to the bike or its...
- Our front audio upgrade kit features the TM400X4ad, a 400 Watt 4-channel ultra-compact, amplifier built on Rockford Fosgate’s proprietary Class-AD technology, featuring...
- Plus, the RFKHD Amplifier Installation kit contains a mounting plate, heatsink, and wiring kit, fitting Harley-Davidson Road Glide and Street Glide model years 1998 to...
- The kit includes theTMS65, one pair of full range coaxial speakers designed to directly replace the existing factory speakers using the factory mounting hardware and...
- Note: You will need to flash your factory radio to use this kit
- PACKAGE BUNDLE KIT INCLUDES: Total of 2 Speakers = 1 Pair Of Kicker DSC6504 6-1/2" Inch 2-Way Coaxial 240W Car Stereo Speakers = 2x Enrock EHDSA98-13 Mounting adapters...
- VEHICLE SPEAKERS: The DSC6504 6-1/2-Inch Coaxial Speakers uses PEI tweeters ensures you get every bit of clarity you need. A stamped steel framework supports a ribbed,...
- SPEAKER ADAPTERS: Enrock's EHDSA98-13 brackets will allow you to install select 6 1/2" or 6-3/4" speakers in the factory speaker openings of select 1998 - 2013 Harley...
- SPEAKER WIRE: 50 Feet - 16 Gauge - Super Strong Quality - For Car Audio & Home Audio Speakers.
- Condition: Aftermarket 100% Brand New and in good-working condition!
- Material: Made of High Quality ABS Plastic; Color: Vivid Black (Painted)
- FITMENT: Fits 1983-2013 Harley touring models FLT, FLHT, FLHTCU, FLHRC, Road King, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Ultra-Classic, Road Glide (except 98-09 FLTR) with stock...
- Also fits 1998-2009 FLTR by cutting off 2-1/2" the upper cap cover to clear the upper fairing bracket). Will not fit with Mustache Engine Guard.
- Package Included: 1 Set Lower Vented Leg Fairings with 6.5" speaker boxes pods
- ▶PERFECT FIT HARLEY TOURING MODELS - High quality aftermarket saddlebag speaker lids compatible for saddlebag 6x9" speakers of 1994-2013 Harley Touring models FLT,...
- ▶EASY TO INSTALL - The saddlebag speaker lids have pre-drilled holes, you only need to use the existing hardware from your current saddlebags and bolt them.
- ▶STYLISH - The saddlebag speaker lids painted in long lasting and durable vivid black finish,add a high-end visual punch to your motorcycle.
- ▶MATERIAL - The gloss black saddlebag speaker lids are made by injected ABS plastic for more precise fitting and smooth surface.
- ▶PACKAGE INCLUDED - 1 Pair of Saddlebag Speaker Lids with Speaker Grills(As Picture Shown).Instruction NOT Included.
- 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑, 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃, 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 from Gen 3 - 5.25" -2 ohm FRONT speakers for "Advanced Audio" radios; Better bass...
- 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐄 from new 1" titanium tweeter resulting in smooth, full sound when played at high volume
- 𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐎𝐘 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐃 - Sound is tailored to cut through exhaust and wind noise even at highway...
- 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 or use Hogtunes SGF Grill-AA metal mesh grills (Drag Part #...
- 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐆 𝐍' 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 / 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘-𝐓𝐎-𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 - no wire cutting required ever. Kit comes with...
- Aftermarket Parts 100% Brand New
- Material: High Quality ABS plastic
- Package Includes: Includes One Pairs Vented Fairing Lower Lowers Fairing Factory
- Fit '14-later air-cooled Touring (except '18-later FLTRXSE models) and Trike models. Does not fit Twin-Cooled models. FLRT and FLTRXST models require separate purchase of...
- With always fast and free shipping on every order,focusing on Quality and Service,so you can shop with confidence