Cycling has many benefits. You work for your health when you hit the road with that sleek bike of yours and you also do your part to save the planet. Each pedal stroke helps cut down greenhouse emissions. So, you can feel good about yourself. If you want to be able to visit any place you need the right bike for it. The hybrid bicycle is the right solution. When we talk about hybrid bicycles we talk about vehicles that combine the best characteristics from mountain bikes, touring and road bikes. Their strong features are thinner wheels, lightweight, and smooth tires that can easily conquer the road.
Top Picks for 2021
You need the right tires for that cool bike of yours, so let us help you choose from the list of our top hybrid bike tires for this year.
1. Kenda Tires Kwest Commuter/Urban/Hybrid Bicycle Tire – 700 x 35c, Black
First on our list are Kenda tires. These puppies are the perfect commuter tires designed with smooth rounded treads with large water dispersion grooves. The unique tread pattern on these versatile tires allows water to disperse evenly, so you maintain a steady, stable ride with traction and braking control. If you’re big on design, you’ll love the look of those (this black and white combo guarantees a stunning look on your ride).
With these tires, your ride on city streets and country trails will be an enjoyable experience. Ride on streets, roads, paths, and grass. And why not? Check them out on the gravel. These 700X35C rubber tires are made to withstand sun, rain, and wind with practically no difficulties and wear evenly as you continue to trek, whether on your commute or recreationally. We talk about a great fit for both front and rear applications. Dimensions: 700x35c; PSI: min 50, max 85 (3.5 – 6.0 BAR); Weight: 515 – 615 grams.
2. Fincci Pair 26 x 1.95 Inch 53-559 Foldable Slick Tires for Road Mountain Hybrid Bike Bicycle – Pack of 2
Next on our list are Fincci Pair Foldable Slick Tires. Fincci is a UK-based brand that focuses on quality. Fincci products use carefully selected, high-quality materials, and their manufacturing processes ensure that each item offers great quality at a reasonable price. All products come with a warranty and have passed or exceeded relevant safety and quality standards, including CE and ISO certification. This Fincci tire is designed for increased speed and low rolling resistance for mountain and hybrid bicycles. The features of this tire guarantee a comfortable ride and a confident grip. The tread works well in wet conditions by channeling water through the grooves to the outer edges of the tire. This helps to maintain a grip on wet roads and through puddles.
Kevlar wire makes the tire foldable and it’s made of high-quality nylon and rubber compound. If you seek a smooth and fast experience on the city tarmac or flat country roads and some light-duty trail terrain use, then this Finnci tire is a great option for you and your bike. Dimensions: Size: 26 x 1.95 inches. ETRTO 53-559. Suitable for 26″ Wheels as replacements for old tires sizes 26 x 1.75 1.95 2.0 2.10 2.125. Weight: 630gr 1.4lb each tire. 1 Tire size when folded: 25x12x10 cm. Tire pressure – Inflates up to 40 psi, 280 kpi, 2.4 – 3.6 bar, 240-360 kpa.
3. Continental Contact Plus Bike Tire – Replacement City/Trekking, Extra E-Bike Rated Puncture Protection Bike Tire (24″, 26″, 27″, 28″)
Continental manufactures soft rubber products, rubberized fabrics, and solid tires for carriages and bicycles. They presented the key technology for hybrid drive systems back in 1997. So, check out these Continental 47-507 Contact Plus black/black reflex wire tires. The rugged rubber breaker, combined with the rubber-reinforced sidewalls of the tire, ensures a high level of puncture protection and sidewall abrasion.
Where durability is the main focus, there is also a solid tire version. All of their city/trekking tires are rated to a standard speed of at least 25 km/h. Those tires marked e50 are also certified for S-Pedelecs. With their high-quality structure, the rolling resistance is low which offers protection from premature wear brought about by the additional driving force. Package Dimensions : 23.62 x 23.62 x 1.97 inches; 3.53 Ounces
4. Vittoria Zaffiro Pro G2.0 Foldable Full Black Tire
Vittoria has embraced its role at the forefront of the bicycle industry and in the year 2000, this company focused on driving innovation. Their experts achieved several innovation milestones: cotton casing tires, latex inner tubes, and the blending of 4 different compounds (known as 4C); all combining seamlessly in the same tire. Vittoria’s contribution to improving your ride, however, is the ability to leverage the qualities of Graphene, deployed in both their tires and wheels.
Graphene is derived from graphite and its structure is very thin, (molecules are as thin as an atom – 1/1,000,000,000th of a meter) one gram of Graphene can cover a 2.630 square meter surface. It is 200 times stronger than steel and 6 times more flexible.
They offer us Vittoria Zaffiro Pro G2.0 Foldable Full Black Tire. Its features are a strong nylon casing, secure grip, and long tread life. A mixed tread design, optimized for all-around use, works well in a range of training conditions. Add the durable folding nylon casing, and you get a performance-oriented training tire at a great price! Zaffiro Pro is the perfect companion for training in all weather conditions. Product Dimensions : 7.87 x 7.87 x 3.94 inches; 10.4 Ounces
5. Sunlite K847 Kross Plus Goliath 26×1.95 PAIR Mountain Bike Tires Urban/Trail
According to Sunlite – “Every year bikes change, styles and trends evolve, old bikes are in need of repairs and new bikes are waiting for that personal touch. We provide the means to keep your bike on the road and fun to ride!” They offer us Sunlite K847 Kross Plus Goliath. This is a multi-use tire with a smooth center for low rolling resistance and raised lateral knobs for traction. This tire is excellent for street or light trail use.
An interesting fact: It is a popular tire among law enforcement bicycle units for its on and off-road capability. The smooth center tread offers a low rolling resistance on smooth streets. Outer knobs grip dirt and mud for great traction on trails. Includes: PAIR (2 Tires) Dimensions: Tire Size: 26″ x 1.95″ Inflation: 40-65 PSI MaxFor Rim Size: 26″ MountainISO Size: 559.
Let’s first define a hybrid bike tire. Commuter/hybrid tires help you with your daily commute. They are characterized by a higher volume than standard road cycling tires. This helps them roll smoothly over challenging and uneven surfaces. They also guarantee increased puncture protection. If you already have hybrid tires you need to decide when it is the right time for new ones. If you notice that: rubber is beginning to crack or flake off of the knobs or sidewalls; your tread edges are noticeably worn down and you’re getting a lot of flats; your bike’s handling has gotten noticeably worse, you should get a new pair from our list.
Hybrid bike tires are normally 700c. 700c hybrid tires are usually between 35mm and 45mm wide. (Their diameter is 622mm across)
How to Get the Right Bike Tire Size
If you own a hybrid bike, you can find the size of the tires printed on the side. The numbers on your tire’s sidewall indicate your tire size (roughly its outer diameter and its width, but not always in that order).
You can also watch the following video for some additional information on how to get the right size of tires for your bike:
We can all agree that the tire diameter should be an exact match. However, you can put on a tire with a slight variation in width. If you need more traction you can put wider tires. However, rim size, fork size, and frame tolerances make things a bit problematic, so always ask a professional for advice.
Let’s check some bike tire options:
Fat tires and plus tires
Fat-tire bikes are the ones with enormous tires. They work well on snow or sand and offer a cushy, grippy ride wherever they go. Plus-size tires, a tweener option between standard and fat, might be 3″ or more.
If you’re a commuter you should definitely invest in this type of tire. Puncture resistance comes from tougher compounds and thicker tires overall.
Most tires have a wire bead, but foldable ones often have a Kevlar bead. With foldable tires, lightweight is guaranteed. Since it can be folded up, storing and carrying the tire is not a problem for you.
These tires seal directly on the rim and are inflated. No tubes are required.
If you cycle in the wintertime, studded tires are the way to go. They have steel or aluminum studs that provide traction for riding on snowy, icy, and slippery surfaces.
Read Also: Bike Tires And How To Choose Them
How are bike tires mounted properly?
Please have a look at the manuals because there are different tire systems.
What is the mileage of a tire?
Tires are to be replaced at the latest when the rubber running strip or the profile of a mountain bike tire is worn.
Are there different qualities of one tire type?
The tire selection may range from reasonably priced tires for daily use, to the deluxe models.
Do I need special winter tires for my bicycle?
We recommend that you get tires that are specially designed for cold temperatures (between -25°C and +7°C). Since the wear on the winter tires is too high, a set of tires for warm weather is recommended, as well.
How are bike tires structured?
The carcass, the bead core, and the tread are the basic elements of bicycle tires.
Which material is used for the basic structure of the tire?
The choice of fabric depends on the purpose of the tire. If nylon is combined with rubber it makes the tire durable in all types of weather.
When is the use of spikes recommended?
Spikes in the tread studs provide grip on ice and deep snow. The open tread has good self-cleaning properties and ensures safe riding in mud and snow.
How can I clean the tires?
You can clean the tires with water mixed with only a small amount of dishwashing liquid or liquid soap. Do not use benzene, acetone, brake cleaner. These substances will damage the tire.
Is it bad if the tire changes color?
Anti-aging agents are there to protect the tire, but not forever. Tires will become brittle over time and crack. Tires that are visibly brittle should be replaced as soon as possible. Safety comes first.
What is the right air pressure in the tires?
The air pressure level depends on the weight of the rider and the way the tires are used. Lighter riders require less pressure, heavier riders more. Wide tires need less pressure than narrow tires. A pressure level should be somewhere between the recommended and the maximum.
How often do I have to check the air pressure?
We recommend that you check tires every time before use.
The global pandemic has drastically changed the world. People have exchanged public transportation for options that offer more safety. This is one of the reasons why there was a huge increase in people interested in cycling. Also, if you want to travel green, cycling is the way to go. Literally.
When you choose a bike, you need one that fits your needs. Do you want to go on enjoyable rides or you want some fast adventures on rough terrains? If you decide to go for a hybrid bike, you will have a task to choose from a list of manufacturers. A test ride is a great way to discover what is the best bike for you. However, you will not have to worry about hybrid tires. Just choose one from the list of our top picks. We tried to include the right combination of quality and price. We have no doubts that you will love your tires! All that is left is for you to conquer the roads!
Here are some other interesting choices that you should check out:
- The reliable choice for use on unsurfaced paths or asphalt roads
- Extra strong Plus Breaker lining fends off thorns and stones
- The perfect companion for trekking trips with your tourer
- The universal profile feels equally at home on asphalt as on woodland, field or meadow paths
- Durable and grippy profile for puncture-free riding, mile after mile
- The perfect commuter tire designed with smooth rounded tread with large water dispersion grooves
- Ride on city streets and country trails
- Great fit for both front and rear application
- 700x32c; PSI: min 50, max 85 (3.5 - 6.0 BAR); Weight: 515 - 615 grams
- Tire rim shown for display purposes only (not included with purchase)
- The Slick utilizes a smooth center for rolling efficiency and deep outer grooves for enhanced control in wet conditions.
- The Slick is the tire for those year-round, all-weather commuters.
- Tube-Type tire
- Wire Bead
- Foldable Tires. Size: 29 x 2.25 inches. ETRTO 57-662. Suitable for 26" Wheels
- 1mm Nylon Anti-Puncture Protection. Weight: 925gr 2.04lb each tire. Package consists of 2 x tires. 1 Tire size when folded: 26x13x10 cm
- Made of high quality nylon and rubber compound. Kevlar wire to make the tire foldable
- Fast Rolling high traction tread for faster and more comfortable ride. Also, provides good grip on uneven surfaces like tarmac roads or pavement. Perfect replacement tire...
- Fincci - buy with confidence from UK brand. Full after-sale support and manufacturer warranty.
- Our Dual Density Technology uses multiple rubber compounds used to improve feel and durability
- Harder rubber compounds give you improved rolling resistance and improved longevity, while softer compounds on the outer tire improve grip
- Will help to reduce your risk of flats through the use of thin weave nylon layers between the tire casing and tread layer
- Intergrated Flat Protection System
- Inverted Tread pattern reduces rolling resistance
- 26 x 2.0 bike tire
- HD speed guard
- OneStar triple compound based on special Polymers for great grip and more cut-resistant
- Weight: 560 grams
- VECTRAN PROTECTION- Reinforcing and matrix fibers made of Vectran are 5X as strong as steel yet still extremely lightweight and abrasion resistant, protecting your tire...
- SUITABLE FOR EBIKES- All Continental city and trekking tires are rated to a standard speed of at least 25km/h and offer protection from premature war brought about by the...
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY-Continental has been hand making their tires since 1871, maintaining the integrity of tradition, while evolving with the most advanced technology.
- OUTSTANDING HANDLING- Thanks to the distinct center tread and bionically designed, siped shoulder, it guarantees outstanding handling and all types of surfaces.
- REFINED TREAD MIXTURE- The newly refined tread mixture is super-fast while at the same time durable and skid resistant.